Give Transit a Try
Convenient, efficient, and economical, transit is a perfect option for making the most of your precious time.
CU ID Card Privileges
Employees (including temporary employees on the university payroll) can use their CU photo ID card at the fare box, Monday-Friday, to ride TCAT buses on the Cornell campus and among Cornell facilities located downtown and near the airport—and pay no fare (normally $1.50).
Please note: The CU photo ID card is the fare medium and must be presented at the fare box—and read electronically—in order to ride at no cost.
Forego or relinquish a parking permit and join the OmniRide commuter program instead. OmniRiders get the benefit of free, unlimited travel on any TCAT transit bus within Tompkins County, seven days a week. OmniRide privileges are accessed with a CU photo ID card at the fare box on TCAT buses.
Transit riders who live outside the county can also join OmniRide. They’ll receive a discounted pass for use on their county’s transit system. (The out-of-county transit fee is payroll deducted on a pre-tax basis.)
Eligible OmniRiders with registered vehicles can request up to three free books of ten one-day parking permits per year, valid in all perimeter and outer parking areas. Additional books may be purchased for a fee.
You can give OmniRide a try risk-free for 30 days. If the program doesn't fit your needs, you can get your old parking permit back.
Employee OmniRide Benefits:
- A thirty-day risk-free trial period.
- Unlimited access to TCAT buses anywhere in Tompkins County.
- Reduced fares for out-of-county commuters.
- Automatic annual renewals
- Eligible for books of one-day permits
- Numerous support services
- You can use OmniRide from many convenient Park and Ride lots
- Improved public transit. As demand has increased, new buses, bus routes, and enhanced services have been - and will continue to be - added.